Not meant to have the same smooth and refined look as the mass-produced bases that are so common among big brands but instead is meant to celebrate the true character behind the wool-hemp blend – rustically spun and ready to be knit into an heirloom piece. The yarn is 70% Corriedale, a breed originally developed from cross-breeding the fine wool of Merino sheep with the long wool of Lincoln sheep and 30% SHEMP hemp fiber – resulting in a yarn that is soft to the touch, yet durable and strong. The longer staple length of the wool-hemp blend means that it is less prone to pilling over time.
Coastal Grandmother Collection
- 3-PLY DK
- 70% USA-sourced Corriedale
- 30% SHEMP hemp fiber sourced from the EU
- 260 yards per 100 gram skein
- Needles: US 5-US 7
- Gauge: 21-24 stiches in 4#
- No synthetics or acrylics
- Ethically-sourced, domestically-spun, sustainable yarn
Considered a medium worsted yarn, it is extremely versatile and can be used in a wide variety of projects from sweaters to hats to socks.